For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Well. What a difference a day makes!

My phone rang at 7:45 this morning, and about twenty minutes later, these were delivered to my door:

Nope. Not from my hubby. These are my annual birthday flowers celebrating OUR birthday! I share my birthday (March 20) with two of my cousins, one of which is Cindy. I've blogged about her before, but just in case you don't remember, she owns a flower shop and has been delivering smiles for a lot of years now.

I love sharing my birthday with Cindy because every year she sends me a flower arrangement. It started when I was in kindergarten. I always look forward to my flowers, and every year she does something different. I remember my 16th birthday in particular. She sent me 16 of the most beautiful bright pink roses I've ever seen. When I left home to go to college, I just figured the flowers would stop coming. But they didn't! No matter where I went, she always found me . . . UWG, Louisiana, Mississippi and back to Louisiana again.

These flowers definitely made not only my day but my week, too!