For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
While we were in GA at Christmas time, we took Mason and Hannah Kate to Zoo Atlanta. They really enjoyed seeing all of the animals.
Mason really enjoyed the petting zoo. I was actually quite surprised. In the past, he hasn't really cared to pet the animals, but he did this time.
I was rather disappointed that my children were not willing to cooperate so I could get a picture of them with Willie B. After all, Zoo Atlanta really isn't Zoo Atlanta without him!
So after chasing two children around the zoo, we were starving! I'm not exactly sure what got into me, but I was craving The Varsity! Besides, my husband had never been there before, and I thought he just might enjoy the experience. Even at mid-afternoon, it was jam packed. I ordered (those of you who know my husband and who have been to The Varsity understand why), and we finally managed to find a seat. By this time, Seth was already worn out from the entire experience. So we sat down to eat. I'm ashamed to say how many hotdogs I ate . . . again, those of you who know me realize this is very uncharacteristic of me. I don't generally eat hotdogs. But there's just something about a Varsity hotdog! And those onion rings . . . my mouth is just watering at the greasy goodness of it all! I enjoyed every minute of it. My husband, on the other hand, announced that if we absolutely had to ever to there again, we would go to the drive-through instead. As I mentioned before, those of you who know my husband and have been to The Varsity understand what I'm talking about! Oh well. At least he can say he experienced an Atlanta tradition. Mason and Hannah Kate just enjoyed wearing their Varsity hats!