For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Many of you have asked why I haven't posted lately. Well, the past two months of our lives has been C R A Z Y. Many of you already know we are moving. Again. Denbury (Seth's company) is laying a new pipeline from White Castle, LA to Houston, TX. They asked him if he would consider relocating back to LA to be the Corrosion Tech for the new pipeline. Of course, he jumped at the opportunity. We've actually known about this since last February 2008; however, we never really knew when it was going to happen. In October I began packing and stacking boxes in our garage. And the rest is outlined below . . .

December 30, 2008 - We left GA and headed to LA. We dropped off Mason and Hannah Kate at PawPaw and MawMaw's house. Seth hooked his dad's trailer to the back of our Tahoe, and he and I headed to MS that night.

December 31, 2008 - Seth and I spent all day cleaning our house inside and out . . . windows, baseboards, fan blades and all the other places you don't think about unless you're getting ready to put your house on the market.

January 1, 2009 - Seth and I loaded up the trailer with all of the boxes I'd packed thus far, as well as some furniture pieces, and headed back to LA.

January 2 - We rented a storage unit and unloaded the trailer.

January 3 - We came back to MS.

January 12 - The children and I headed back to LA.

January 14 - I began working a temporary PT position in the Marketing department with my former employer while they are recruiting someone to take the position FT.

January 19 - Hannah Kate and I came back to MS.

January 21 - Hannah Kate and I went back to LA.

February 3 - We closed on the purchase of our land!

February 6 - We came back to MS for the weekend.

February 7 - We put the "for sale" sign in our yard in MS.

February 8 - We went back to LA.

February 13 - I came back to MS today because I have an appointment in the morning to show our house.

So this would be why I haven't had time to keep our blog updated this new year!