For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Many of you know that I was super blessed by a ministry at our church called Great Expectations when I was pregnant with Hannah Kate. This ministry pairs an expectant mom with a mentor mom who follows you throughout the duration of your pregnancy. She prays for you, calls you, sends you cards, arranges for two weeks worth of meals to be delivered to your house after you come home with baby, delivers goodies to the hospital . . . and so much more! My mentor mom was absolutely fabulous! She kept Mason one evening so Seth and I could go out on a date the week before Hannah Kate arrived. She even showered Mason with gifts when Hannah Kate was born.

I have recently had the honor of being a mentor mom for the first time and have absolutely had the best time praying for Suzanne and baby Jack while anxiously awaiting his arrival. He is a miracle baby for sure! Not only was he a long three years in the waiting, but early in Suzanne's pregnancy, Jack was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, which affects the lungs and digestive system. Although we do not know right now just how this is going to manifest itself in Jack, he was born a healthy baby boy and is doing really well.

Jack arrived yesterday at 12:37pm. He weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 20 inches long. I just loved watching the nurse as she weighed him, measured him, monitored his heart rate, took his precious feetprints . . . these are things that mommies don't witness with their own babies because they are in recovery during this time. So I thought of Mason and Hannah Kate and how they went through the same thing. Being in the hospital waiting room as Suzanne was in surgery (c-section) was so much fun . . . but it was also an agonizing wait because I wanted to know exactly what was going on. It seemed like it took forever. I mean, I sort of felt like this baby was mine, too. Well, almost. And then his daddy brought him to the window to show him off. I have to say that one of God's greatest miracles is life . . . new life . . . the birth of a baby . . . and THE GREATEST miracle is also new life . . . eternal life . . . life in Christ!

Jack had so many people awaiting his arrival, including big brother Peyton. Isn't he just adorable?!? He hasn't stopped grinning from ear to ear.

Welcome, baby Jack! God has so much in store for you, and we can't wait to see what He does in and through your life!