For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
So have I mentioned lately that Mason LOVES firetrucks?!? I mean, can one little boy have too many firetrucks? I guess not! Mason is posing with all of his firetrucks (or at least almost all of them), and he is wearing none other than his firetruck shirt! So that makes EIGHT firetrucks . . .

Here are some more of Mason's favorites:

  • MOVIE - Toy Story. He actually calls this "Farmer Buzz." Buzz is in reference to Buzz Lightyear, of course. But Farmer is in reference to Woody. We keep telling him that Woody is a cowboy and not a farmer, but he won't listen to us. One of his toy tractors came with a farmer who is wearing what looks like a cowboy hat so he keeps referring to Woody as a farmer. Close behind is Cars and Cucumber (this is what he calls his Veggie Tales movies).
  • GAME - Hi Ho Cherry O. His sweet friend Anna gave him this game for Christmas, and he loves playing it. We love playing it with him, too. He actually does pretty good. My personal favorite when I was little was Candy Land so I'll bet he'll be seeing that one for Valentine's Day or Easter!
  • TV PERSONALITY - Emeril. Seriously! Because there is "nothing else on," we often watch the Food Network, and Mason always asks to watch Emeril.
  • SONG - currently that new country song about the International Harvester. I don't even know the name of it or who sings it. I personally think its rather hokey, but he and Seth get a kick out of it. He generally likes anything upbeat that he can dance to. The other day I caught him singing Rock-A-Bye-Baby to Hannah Kate. I really don't know where he learned that one from because it's not one I've taught him! I guess he heard it on one of his music CDs and picked it up really quickly.
  • ACTIVITY - anything outside! And going to church . . . many mornings he wakes up and asks me if we're going to church. He loves playing with the other boys and girls in his class.
  • COLOR - blue. I suppose all little boys like blue.
  • FOOD - oatmeal for breakfast, grilled cheese for lunch, and supper is usually a hit or miss but mostly a miss. He loves chocolate pudding and anything else chocolate.
  • DRINK - chocolate milk. And he always asks for a "box drink" after his nap. This is what he calls juice boxes.
  • BIBLE STORY - Jonah and the Big Fish
  • ANIMAL - cat. Seth hates cats and tries to say that Mason's favorite animal is a dog, but Mason really doesn't care too much for dogs right now. He really does love cats though. And he's into horses and cows, too.
  • CARTOON CHARACTER - Mickey Mouse and Handy Manny