For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Mason loves playing in his room with his GeoTrax train set that he got for Christmas.

Hannah Kate enjoys her swing and is all smiles in her bouncy seat.

Mason is sporting his new LSU cap that his Daddy bought for him after they won the National Championship game. Go Tigers!

At the end of the day, Hannah Kate finds her favorite spot curled up in Daddy's arms.When we moved her last spring, I was hopeful that we were far enough north to possibly see some of the white stuff during winter. I was disappointed when everyone told me it "never snows" here. Well, yesterday morning I was sleeping soundly (as Hannah Kate was sleeping soundly) when my husband rushed into the bedroom, stood about 2 inches from my face and excitedly announced in the loudest whisper he could muster that it was snowing. I jumped out of bed but was sorely disappointed when I peeked out the window to see snowflakes so small that they were almost invisible and no accumulation. No fun! Needless to say, I crawled back into bed. The flurries lasted not more than an hour or so. As the day progressed, I grew disappointed that I didn't get up and at least attempt to take a picture. So I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up my camera to find that Seth had taken some pictures. Now, he hates cold weather so he didn't go outside but took all of them from inside so they aren't the greatest. And you might have to squint a bit to see the snow . . . but we did have snow!