For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Hannah Kate is now six weeks old . . . so hard to believe! She's finally showing a bit of her personality. She smiled at me the other day, and I was able to capture it on camera. She's smiling more and more these days.
She is growing and getting bigger and changing everyday. While I still see a little of the Bayham in her mouth, I'm beginning to see more and more of the Connell in her.

Mason is very fascinated with giving Hannah Kate a bath. He wants to be in on the action, just as he does with diaper changes, feedings and anything else involving Hannah Kate.

But sometimes jealousy rears its head . . . this morning we were playing in Mason's room with his train set. Hannah Kate was in there in her bouncy seat. I told Mason it was time for lunch and headed to the kitchen. He followed me and told me we should just leave Hannah Kate in his room. When I'm holding her, he often tells me to "put her back in her swing."

Of course, I really have no room to be talking. I've no recollection of this so I'm only going on what I've been told. Aunt Harriette lived across the street from us, and I would sit on the steps of our front porch many afternoons waiting on her to arrive home from work. She was loads of fun. She would take me swimming and play hide-and-seek with me. One afternoon shortly after Rob was born, she came over. I asked her if we could play hide-and-seek. Once she said yes, I supposedly told her that we should hide Rob in the attic. Again, this is only what I've been told.

And, yes, Mason does what all big brothers do . . . takes her pacifier out of her mouth, pulls her socks off of her feet. One day I caught him climbing up on the side of her crib. I'm certain that had I not arrived in her room at that very minute, he would've been over in the crib with her! He has attempted several times to pick her up. Not a good thing . . . so I don't leave him in the room with her unattended. But one day I'm sure he'll be the over-protective big brother . . . or at least I hope he'll be!