For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Well, I guess for the most part, Hannah Kate's room looks like I envisioned it to be. Although there are still a few things left to do, they won't get done before her arrival next week so I thought I'd go ahead and share pictures of her nursery.This is Hannah Kate's room. I don't have any decor on the walls yet so that will come later. I also want to incorporate a table and lamp somewhere. But for the most part, this is it. The rocking chair in the corner was actually my mom's when I was born, and she gave it to me several years ago. The wall color is Cupid Arrow.We have a three bedroom house so that means we no longer have a guest room. Because we still wanted a place for our friends and family to sleep when they visit and because the bedroom is quite large, we decided to leave the daybed and trundle in Hannah Kate's room. It was mine in college. It used to be a mahogany color, but it didn't match the rest of the furniture, which is cherry, so I refinished it using some of the left over wall paint and then I distressed it a little (you can't really tell in this picture). I had never done that before so I was quite pleased with how it turned out.The crib skirt matches the skirt on the daybed. The bumper pad and baby quilt match the quilt on the daybed as well. The crib sheet is a variation of the design on the duvet cover.Because of the way the crib is made, we were never able to secure Mason's mobile to it. When we thought we had it figured out, he would grab it, and it would fall off. So I knew better than to even try this time around. Instead we hung a mobile of sorts from the ceiling. When Hannah Kate looks up, she will see these butterflies floating above her.

I am scheduled to be at the hospital at 6:00am next Tuesday. I was hoping for a bit later, but I really can't complain. I had to be there at 3:00am when Mason was born! It will take awhile for them to prep me for the c-section so I anticipate her arrival to be around 7:30 or 8:00 CST. I expect to come home on Friday, and I will post pictures of our beautiful baby girl as soon as I can.