For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

When our nephew got engaged last year and planned a summer wedding in Ft. Worth, we decided to change our vacation plans.  We really wanted to visit some of the New England states, but our ultimate goal was to visit some states we'd not yet been to so we could add some pins to our map.  We pulled the map out again and planned several routes out of Ft. Worth.  Some of us don't necessarily love long road trips with stops in multiple cities, and that wasn't really the original intent.  But that's exactly what happened.  When I realized I could check a city off my bucket list, I immediately started trying to convince everyone why we should just do it.  And we did.  By the time we got back home, we'd driven over 2,500 miles.

Our first stop was in Ft. Worth for the sweetest wedding ever.

But first.  While in Ft. Worth, the Stockyard is a must.  We made a quick visit, ate some BBQ and watched the long horns walk through.
And then it was wedding time.  The first Bayham grand married his bride.  Avery and Abigail are the cutest, and their wedding was such a special time.  The wedding ceremony was beautiful.  They were married in an open air wedding chapel.  Seth's dad was their officiant.


After the wedding was dinner and dancing.  Of course, Texas BBQ was served.  I managed to make a salad and veggie plate.  But my favorite was the pie!  Yes, pie.  I'm not a cake kind of girl, but I love me some key lime pie.  They had all different kinds.
If you ask the kids, their favorite was the latte bar.  I'm not going to argue with that either.

But the real winner was this right here.
So, yeah, the wedding food (and drinks) were a huge hit!  And then they started dancing.  And danced.  And danced.  And danced.

But when PawPaw hit the dance floor, they didn't know what to think!  There was lots of smiles and laughs all night.
And then Uncle Troy gave Ellie some dance lessons.  I'm not sure which of them enjoyed it more.
But this is what he thought about it.

He kept this chair warm all night.  I did finally convince him to dance with me towards the end of the night.  You'll just have to trust me on that one.  I also got to dance with my forever wedding date.  We hadn't done that in . . . years.
It was just the best night.  I don't think it could've been more perfect, and I'm sure Avery and Abigail agree.