For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

Of all of us this year, Ellie probably had the biggest adjustment to a brand new schooling situation.  She had never been in a traditional school environment before with all-day classes everyday and more than ten kids in her class.  She worked hard, and she got 4th grade done!

She was awarded A/B Honor Roll, the Harmonious Hula Hooping Award (who knew there was even such a thing?!) and the Archery Award (she made sure to let me know she was the ONLY GIRL who received this award).  Yes.  Archery.  We all know the LAST person who needs to be encouraged in any type of weaponry is Elizabeth Susanne Bayham.  I mean . . . apparently I have an Annie Oakley on my hands.

She was also honored as the 4th grade Student of the Week at the end of the school year.  Well done, my girl!

I'm not sure what leaves me more speechless . . . that Hannah Kate is officially in high school now or that she has only four years left!  At the end of 8th grade, she was honored with the Gold Scholar award for maintaining a 4.0 GPA, the highest achiever award in 8th grade English Language Arts and the highest achiever award in 8th grade math.  She shines bright, this one!

She also had a Crossover Ceremony to knight her for High School (their mascot is the Knights).  Yes, that's a big sword.
And, finally, this one.  When I saw his schedule at the beginning of the school year, I held my breath.

"Why are you in an AP class?" I asked.

Because those are not letters we are used to seeing or expect to see.  My question went unanswered until the last day of school.  He finished his JUNIOR YEAR as a silver scholar maintaining a 3.00-3.74 GPA.  AP class, Chemistry, Algebra II, English III and all!
And now . . . he's a SENIOR.  I have so. many. words.  But too many for this space right now.  They will come in the days ahead, I'm sure.

In the meantime, mark your calendar.

May 18, 2023.

Graduation Day!