For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

Hannah Kate celebrated 11 years of dancing on what is always one of our favorite days of the year.  This year we were finally able to return to the River Center Theater after almost three years of renovations.  The theater is beautiful, there recital was beautiful and my dancer is stunning on stage, as always!

This year Hannah Kate performed in both recitals and the opening number.  The highlight of this year was probably taking the stage in pointe for the very first time.  She's worked so hard to get here.


Sweet family and even her bestie from school came to watch her perform.

It was so very strange dancing without Abbie this year, but she came to cheer Hannah Kate on.
Seth and I gifted Hannah Kate with this beautiful painting for her room.
About six years ago, I met Gail Lloyd at BSF.  We served together as Children's Leaders.  She had homeschooled and graduated her four kids and was very encouraging to me as I was in the trenches homeschooling my own.  It wasn't until a little bit later that I found out Gail is an artist.  I immediately admired her beautiful, thoughtful work.  About a year after that, the Lord gave her the opportunity to pursue her art full-time.  So then we just kept up on social media.

Several weeks before the recital, Gail's art studio was hosting an Open House.  She posted a picture of her studio space with some of her pieces on display.  In the center of the room was a painting of a ballerina.  I knew immediately that I HAD to have that painting.  Everything about it was perfectly Hannah Kate!  I texted Gail and asked her if she could hold it for me if it hadn't already been purchased.  Two weeks later, I stopped by the studio and met her to pick up my art.  She gave me a tour of the studio and introduced me to several of the other artists.

The painting sat in my office until I gifted it to Hannah Kate on recital day.  She was so surprised and delighted when she opened it.  I'm so honored to finally have a Gail Lloyd Art original in my house now!  Gail named this piece "Choose Joy."  And that's exactly what I feel every time I watch my beautiful ballerina take the big stage.

Joy.