For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Easter came late this year.  It seemed like we were waiting and waiting and waiting.  I know I am living in the present reality of Jesus' resurrection, and that has made all the difference in my life.  But by the time Easter Sunday finally came, I was so ready.  I couldn't help but think of Jesus' disciples, the women who would eventually go to His tomb early that first Resurrection Sunday morning, the centurion and the others with him would would exclaim, "Truly this was the Son of God!" (Matthew 27:54) upon Jesus' death on the cross . . . that Saturday for them must've been the longest day ever.  The saddest day ever.  Did they believe, did they expect Jesus to rise from the dead?  Or did they feel the heavy weight of hopelessness?  Did they truly understand that they weren't without hope at all but instead about to experience LIVING hope?

Just before Jesus died, he uttered the words, "It is finished."  These are the words, this is the verse that pressed on my heart this Easter season.  So much was finished that day.  Sin is forgiven, the work of man's redemption and salvation is completed, Satan is done.
Easter is all about Jesus.  Eggs have nothing to do with it, but we did enjoy an egg hunt and dying some eggs, too.  One of us is "too old" for egg hunts now.  One of us can't decide whether or not she's too old for an egg hunt so she just does it anyway.  And another of us just "thinks" she's too old for an egg hunt.  But, needless to say, there were two who filled their baskets.


I can't even remember now where the boys were, but the girls dyed some eggs.  I'd forgotten to buy white eggs so all I had were brown ones.  I wasn't sure that they would dye very well, but google assured me they would dye even better than the white ones.  I have to say after all was said and dyed, google was right!  These are the best eggs we've ever done. 


Look carefully at that teal colored egg on the left.  That's one of Ellie's.  They tried writing something on their egg before they dyed it, and Ellie decided to write, "I love Jesus."  That was all her idea.  Hannah Kate, on the other hand, wrote, "pizza" on hers.  She said she was hungry.


We also did some glitter eggs this year.  I'm so not a fan of glitter unless it's somewhere other than my house.  But this wasn't too bad, and it actually worked.
Here they are with all the pretty eggs.  They were dyed, stickered, shrink-wrapped, glittered.

Easter Sunday is a full day for us.  We always begin with a sunrise service at 7:00AM.  This year we had it outside at the new little community walking trail.  This was actually my favorite part of the whole day. 
We didn't get a family picture this year, but the kids were mostly cooperative for a basket picture after church.  Aren't they lovely?!