For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
One of my most favorite things is when dance costumes arrive.  We're still waiting on one more costume, but we love them this year.  Hannah Kate said her ballet costume is her favorite.
Oh!  And have I mentioned that Hannah Kate's class was chosen for a Father/Daughter dance at the recital this year?!  I almost didn't believe her when she told me.  Usually the daddies dance with the ballerinas in the younger classes.  As a matter of fact, let's take a moment to remember Hannah Kate's very first dance recital seven years ago.  Her class was chosen that year for the Father/Daughter dance.  It was a cowboy-inspired tap dance routine to George Strait's I Just Want to Dance with You.

On our way home after dance the night Miss Jordan told Hannah Kate's class they were dancing with their daddies, she couldn't stop giggling.  The first thing she wanted to do was tell Abbie!  So she called and talked to her on the way home.  It was so cute listening to that conversation.  I tried to get Hannah Kate to wait a couple of days so we could come up with a creative way to ask her Daddy to dance with her at the recital, but she just couldn't help herself.  She couldn't keep it in!  She was nearly bursting by the time we got home.

I really don't think Seth believed her when she told him.  Once he finally (kind of) warmed up to the idea, he's was all, "Okay, well, I can wear my new boots."  So then I had to explain to him that not all Father/Daughter dances are equal and not all are cowboy boots and hats.  The dads are dancing with the jazz class this year.  And it's not a country song.  It's . . .

Wait for it.

A SOCK HOP!

I mean, I'm over here all Grease-Danny and Sandy-tight roll jeans and white t-shirts.  And he's like, "Who in the world are Danny and Sandy, and what is Grease?"  Something tells me he's about to find out!

But, don't let him fool you.  I'm pretty sure he's as giddy about this as Hannah Kate is!  Seriously.

And don't let her fool you either.  She may be dancing pretty during the week, but then there's this.  Weekend Hannah Kate, as I like to think of it.  She's well-rounded, this one.