For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
After more than two weeks of staying up late, sleeping late (really late) and pretty much doing whatever we wanted to do whenever we wanted to do it (and not doing anything we didn't want to do), my alarm clock was once again set for way too early this week.  I knew it would be quite the adjustment, and it was.  Maybe that's an understatement.  It hasn't been easy, and I'm really glad I don't have to set my alarm clock tonight.

This never happens, but every morning this week Hannah Kate fell asleep on the way to school.  (Yes, we keep blankets in the truck.  I mean, don't you do the same?) 
And Hannah Kate wasn't the only one.  Ellie slept more in the truck this week than she ever did as an infant!  She's just not a sleep-in-her-carseat kind of girl.
But I have to say they've handled it well.  As shocking as it was to get back into the routine of schooling and dance and gymnastics and all the other things, I think it was a really good first week.

And now only seven more weeks until Mardi Gras break!  Not that we're counting down or anything.

Okay, we totally are!