For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

Today is the last day of October.  I know, right?!  That means tomorrow is basically Christmas.  October is one of my favorite months.  It really is.  But October never really turns out how it is in my head.  Because this is my October:
But this is the reality of October:
We don't necessarily get to do all the fall things.  But I did take the kids to a pumpkin patch and corn maze a couple of weeks ago.  It was the first "cooler" morning we'd had this season so the kids were quick to pull out some long sleeves (which promptly came off before we even left the patch).  It really was a lovely morning, and we enjoyed pretending like it was fall.  I think that was one of my favorite days this month (besides my weekend in NYC).  I feel like we've not really had any margin lately for anything outside of schoolwork and studying so it was nice to walk away from that for a bit.
 
I think this is probably my favorite corn maze we've ever been to.  It was challenging, but it was a lot of fun.  There were different stations scattered throughout the maze for little activities or puzzles or just educational facts about farming in general. 
They did give the kids a map of the maze, but they had to use those special red glasses to read the map.  And, of course, there was an app, too, so if you got lost you could easily figured it out using the app.  We didn't use the app though.
I've always been a sucker for cute kids in a pumpkin patch.  But my cute kids are growing up, and they don't necessarily appreciate pumpkin patches as much as they used to.  (I should also note that they don't appreciate corn mazes much anymore either.)  I have to say they were good sports though.
Ellie was fascinated by the goosebump pumpkins, but she wouldn't touch them.
This was our drive leaving the patch.  I guess this is about as "fall" as we can get.