For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
I had to take a little trip to San Antonio the week of spring break.  Seth and his parents took the kids to Uncle Barry's camp and fishing the first part of that week.  Seth, PawPaw and the big kids left Easter Sunday afternoon and went fishing on Monday morning.  This was the first picture I got.  Seth said she was quite the little fisherwoman and fished the whole time they were on the water.
This kid isn't as patient if the fish aren't biting.  But he reeled in a few.
MawMaw and Ellie headed down there on Monday afternoon.  It should be noted here that when you go fishing with PawPaw and Daddy, you have to get up before the chickens (and the sunshine) so you can be in the boat on the water at daybreak.  The plan was to go fishing again Tuesday morning, and Ellie was supposed to go this time.  She's been in a boat many times, but she's never been out fishing like that, and we weren't really sure how she was going to do.  It's not like you can turn around and go inside if you get tired of being out there.  You're kind of stuck, and you might be out there for several hours.  I was doubtful she'd even get up out of the bed so early.  But she's been asking to go fishing for a very long time now and seemed to be really excited about the trip so I was hopeful she'd end up in the boat.

No doubt Hannah Kate would be up and ready to go again. 
I love the expression on her face here.  Seth said that fish fought and fought with her, but she hung on and finally reeled him into the boat.
Mason snagged a few, too.  He actually caught a baby hammerhead shark, but I don't have that picture to post.  
Now THAT'S a fish.
Here's something else you should know about the week of spring break.  MawMaw lets Ellie play on her phone (which is a total luxury because she isn't allowed to play on my phone or her dad's phone).  Ellie talks to Siri and knows her way around social media.  She also "friended" some of the teachers at Sequitur on her MawMaw's Facebook account (do you understand now why she isn't allowed to touch my phone?!).  While I was gone, she pretty much blew my phone up with all of her texts (this is a whole 'nother post so stay tuned for that!).  She put an "E" or "e" after each one so I'd know it was her and not MawMaw.

So this is the conversation with Ellie on Monday afternoon while she was in the car on the way to the camp (and please note her use of emojis, too):
Back to the Tuesday morning fishing trip . . . I got this picture later in the day.  I was so excited that she went!  And just look at that smile!  
I mean, I don't know about you, but it looks to me like girlfriend is having a lot of fun fishing . . . and it was, indeed, "werth" it!
But.  Not so fast.  This is the "conversation" later on Tuesday afternoon.  She texted me and asked what I was doing.
I mean, did you follow that?!  Do you see what's going on here?  Big sis has to jump into the convo to be sure I know Ellie had a meltdown on the boat.  I get it.  I really do.  I can't handle "the bucket" either.
Wednesday morning they scheduled a fishing trip with a guide.  Ellie was adamant that she was not going.  I talked to her that night and tried to convince her to go, especially since she had so much fun fishing before the bucket incident.  Abbie was going on Wednesday, too, so I was sure that would get Ellie into the boat.  But nope.  She stayed at the camp with MawMaw on Wednesday while everyone else went out and reeled in the fish.  And then she wants to jump in the picture like she had something to do with it!