For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Finally.  It's here.

"Declare His glory among the nations,
His wonders among all peoples."
~1 Chronicles 16:24

During the past five or so years, the Lord has impressed upon my heart a word for Christmas, as well as a song.  This year's word was GLORY.  And the word always shows up on our Christmas cards in verse.  This year's verse was 1 Chronicles 16:24.

But the thing was, I didn't have a song.  Until last night.  Hillsong's When I Think Upon Christmas was the first song during the Christmas Eve service.  I'd heard it earlier in the season, but I truly heard it for the very first time last night.  And it's my song.

When I think upon Christmas,
words can't express how our Father in heaven
has sent us His best to be born in a manger,
the King in the hay, and creation will worship His Name.

When I think upon Jesus, the King of all days,
I can't help but respond with an offering of praise.
Like the wise men and shepherds, I'll follow Your light;
Like the angels I'll lift Your Name high.

Now I look back in reverence to that holy night.
For the God of the heavens had us on His mind.
Let us sing of His glory;
Rejoice in His Name;
Oh Emmanuel with us always, and forever His kingdom will reign.



For the joy of the world You were born,
bringing peace to us all through the gift of Your love.
Now the darkest of ages are done, for the Savior of heaven has come.

That last line, y'all . . . I just can't get it out of my head!  We talk so often and so much about the darkness in our world today.  The sin.  Oh, the sin.  

But.  

THE DARKEST OF AGES ARE DONE!  

The SAVIOR has come!

"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined . . . for unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder.  And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever.  The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."  ~Isaiah 9:2, 6-7

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.  And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it . . . And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and  we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."  ~John 1:1-5, 14  

Merry Christmas, friends!