For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
And this right here is what it feels like to be TEN YEARS OLD!
I think 10 must be a big deal.  After all, it's double digits!  When I was planning Hannah Kate's birthday celebration, at the top of my list was a yard sign.  I could think of no bigger way to celebrate.  I could also think of no bigger surprise.  Literally.
My friend came over last night after the kids went to bed and set up Hannah Kate's birthday yard art.  

Funny little story . . . While this was going down under the cover of darkness last night, Abbie texted me that her friend's sister had driven by our house and saw a black vehicle sitting at the end of our driveway with the lights off.  They were concerned and texted Abbie who, in turn, texted me to be sure we were okay!

I couldn't wait for Hannah Kate to wake up and see her BIG surprise.  And her reaction was priceless!  I mean, she really didn't know what to do!  Once the shock wore off, she was absolutely giddy.  I know she felt so special, and that's exactly how I wanted her to feel.  Because she is!
She took cupcakes to Sequitur this morning and celebrated with her friends.  She chose her favorite spaghetti and meatballs for her birthday supper and wanted an ice cream cake again this year.  She gets it honest.  My favorite cake as a girl was an ice cream cake, too.  


After she blew out her candles and ate cake, she opened her gifts.
Little sister right here wanted in on all the action.  I think she was more concerned about Hannah Kate's birthday than anyone else, and I think I answered a million questions from her about Hannah Kate's birthday.  Aren't little sisters the best?!
Besides the yard art, I also knew what gift I wanted to give her.  Seth and I gave her a birthstone necklace.  I knew she would be so excited, and she was!  Her birthstone is also her favorite color.
This precious girl right here is such a delight!  She colors all of my days with joy, compassion, patience, thoughtfulness and creativity.  If she isn't reading, she's drawing and coloring.  She dances and listens to music.  She is quiet, but she is fierce.  Her light is BRIGHT, and I love watching her be exactly who the Lord created her to be.  He's not done with this one . . . and I can't wait to see!