For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Monday afternoon I was cooking supper.  The kids were playing outside.  Ellie came in and went upstairs.  A few minutes later, I heard her yelling, "Mason!  MASON!!  Mason, I can't find the big one.  But I have the little one."

Now, I knew that Ellie came inside by herself.  I knew that Mason was NOT inside.  And Ellie was NOT using her inside voice (like she even knows what that is anyway).  So it took all of three seconds for me to figure out what was going on.

I immediately took off running up the stairs and arrived just in time to find this:
She is FIVE.  Five years old.  And she's already figured out she can raise the window in her room to communicate with the outside world.  She's probably already thought about climbing out the window into the outside world (she'd land on top of the roof over the back porch)!

Seriously, Mason nor Hannah Kate would ever do this!  Only Ellie!

Time to nail. it. shut.