For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Last Friday Seth and I celebrated 16 years of marriage.  

16. Years.

Those 16 years haven't been perfect, they haven't always been easy, they haven't always been dreamy or happy or exciting.  Because we all have our moments, especially in marriage.  It's work.  Hard work.  And commitment.  Doing the hard stuff.  Choosing to love even when you don't feel like it.  One thing I can tell you for sure beyond a shadow of a doubt is that there's no other place I'd rather have been these last 16 years than by his side, his bride!  There's no other person on the face of this planet I'd rather do this thing called love and marriage with!

We went out on a date last Friday night.  It'd been a long while, and it sure was a sweet time.  Instead of going to "our" place, we tried something different.  We ate at Tsunami, a sushi and Japanese restaurant located on the 6th floor of a downtown performing arts building.  We had incredible views overlooking the Mississippi River for the evening.


And the food, especially the sushi, was phenomenal!  I don't do a whole lot of raw fish sushi, but there are so many other options besides that, and this was, hands down, the best I've ever had!

After sushi, we shared the sea bass entree with eggplant and a bok choy stir fry.  It, too, didn't disappoint.

It was the perfect evening with the perfect guy for me.  He is the butter in my grits, my ride or die.  Our story is my very favorite.

I used to love sappy love story movies.  Hope Floats is one of my favorites, mainly because I adore Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick, Jr.  I loved the soundtrack from that movie.  Garth and Trisha did a cover of a Bob Dylan song (Make You Feel My Love) that sums it up best:

When the rain is blowing in your face,
And the whole world is on your case,
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love.


When the evening shadows and the stars appear,
And there is no one there to dry your tears,
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love.

I know you haven't made your mind up yet,
But I will never do you wrong.
I've known it from the moment that we met,
No doubt in my mind where you belong.

I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue,
I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love.

The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret.
The winds of change are blowing wild and free,
You ain't seen nothing like me yet.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn't do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you,
To make you feel my love
To make you feel my love