For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Last week we went to the beach for a few days with our friends.  This year we stayed on Okaloosa Island, just west of Destin.  The weather was perfect.  The water was perfect.  The sand was perfect.  The company was perfect.  My only complaint is that I wish we could've stayed longer!
When we first arrived, it was a little too early to check in to our condo so we went to the pier.  And, of course, Mason can never resist a shark.
We walked all the way to the end of the pier.  We saw lots of fish in the water.  And this . . . bird . . . was taller than Ellie.  Several of them were just hanging out. 
One of the guys we talked to said he catches a lot of sharks.  He keeps all of them except the hammerheads.  You aren't supposed to keep those because they are near the endangered list.  We learned something new!
I took very few pictures this time.  I don't even think I took any our first day there.  That just means I was busy playing in the sand and water.  And speaking of water . . . Hannah Kate LOVED it!  I think she spent more time in the water than Mason did.  There was a yellow flag the whole time we were there so the waves were just perfect for jumping and swimming in.  As a matter of fact, when given a choice, she chose to go back to the beach instead of the ice cream shop!

And this one . . . well, she wasn't a fan of the water.  At all.  And she could take only so much of the sand either.  Obviously she forgot how much fun she had last year!  But she was a trooper, and she built lots of sand castles and baked lots of sand cookies and cupcakes.



I told Seth that I could live at the beach.  And I think this kid could, too.


Of course, Ellie is not in this picture.  I'm pretty sure she was already at the pool by this time.

Last summer, Ellie was jumping off the diving board.  This summer she still hasn't gotten off the steps.  I can't figure it out.  She puts on her swim suit all the time and begs to go swimming.  But she stays on the steps the whole time.  I guess I'm going to have to put her in swimming lessons.  Regardless, she did enjoy the pool at the condo.  I think that was her favorite part.
I absolutely LOVE this grin!


The last night we were there, our friends wanted to take some pictures on the beach.  So we tagged along.  I took these with my cell phone camera.

But these next few pictures Ellee took.  Because she knows how to take pictures.

The only thing I do not like about this picture is that he looks . . . oh . . . 10 years old!  Oh yeah.  He almost is.  I have to say this is one handsome fella! 
I don't think Hannah Kate was much into picture taking.  But these two were.
These are my favorite pictures of Ellie.

And another one of my boy.
We had such a great time with our friends this week!  We most definitely want to do it again!  I thought this picture was so so sweet.  Harrison has his arms around both Owen and Mason.  Those boys are so sweet and so funny, and we had a great time with them!