For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Seth said this morning that it "does not seem that long ago."  Fourteen years, that is.  When I look at what all those 14 years have held, I am feeling every year of that 14!  In a good way, of course!

The traditional gift for a 14 year wedding anniversary is ivory.  Really.  Ivory.  Elephant tusk jewelry, anyone?  I think not.  So I really tried hard to find an alternative.  A trip to the zoo to SEE elephants might be fun.  But the Baton Rouge Zoo recently got rid of their elephants.  The New Orleans Zoo in July does not appeal to me in the least bit.  An African safari sounds like a lot of fun, but it's currently a lot out of the budget.  Now concert tickets to see a renowned pianist "tickle the ivories" would really float my boat, but it would probably sink Seth's ship.  So I wrapped up a bar of Ivory soap and put it in his suitcase on Sunday night for him to open today.  Yes, I really did.

I think this past year has been the hardest of the 14 years.  But I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else but this man right here.  And I look forward to many, many more years of Happily Ever After!