For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
I mentioned yesterday that we are on spring break this week.  And spring break didn't go quite like I'd planned.  I was envisioning a change of scenery.  A change of state even.  But that didn't work out because Seth had to go to Houston for work this week.  To say I was disappointed is an understatement.  And then I started seeing everyone's beach pictures this week.  We weren't planning to go to the beach, but I was really wishing we were somewhere besides here.  Okay, so I was wishing I was somewhere besides here.  But had I been somewhere else, I would've missed spending two hours in fellowship and Bible study with 30 of my favorite women.  I would've missed spending my Wednesday morning teaching 11 of my favorite two year olds that Jesus died on the cross for all their sins because He loves them.  I would've missed all the one-on-one time I spent with little Ellie while everyone else was elsewhere (even though she was quite the grumpy bear this week).  And my two big ones would've missed this: 


Mason and Hannah Kate spent part of their spring break in Cocodrie fishing with PawPaw, MawMaw, Uncle Barry and Abbie.  Mason went out with Uncle Barry everyday.  They caught their limits in reds every trip.  Hannah Kate went out with PawPaw and MawMaw.  They caught some reds, too, but also some trout.  On one trip in particular, Hannah Kate was the only one who caught fish.  And Mason has gone on and on about Uncle Barry and how he doesn't stop until he gets that last fish and how he doesn't give up.  He wouldn't even go out in PawPaw's boat!  I haven't talked to Uncle Barry yet to hear his side of the story, but I'm sure Mason talked his ears off the whole time.  Unlike his daddy and his uncle, Mason is never at a loss for words and always has something to say even when he doesn't have anything to say!  Seth says he gets it from me.  Frankly, I have no idea what he's talking about!

I'm so glad they had the opportunity to go fishing this week, and I know they had a great time.  As for me, I realize I didn't need a change of scenery so much as a change of perspective.  I'm so glad my Heavenly Father knows what's best for me and mine, even during spring break!