For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
So I will admit . . . I considered skipping Epcot altogether.  I wasn't sure if it would be "worth it" since my children are still really young.  When I went to Disney, I definitely didn't appreciate Epcot and left the park after a couple of hours.  But the more I thought about it, the more I thought we might really enjoy it.  And I really wanted another opportunity to explore the park.  Mason is very much fascinated by culture and how things work and such so I also thought this would be a place that he might really enjoy.  So we went on day 2.  And I'm so glad we did!  I think this was one of my favorite days.

It was cloudy and overcast most of the day, and we dodged showers in the afternoon.  But it was another perfect day from beginning to end.  The park was absolutely gorgeous!  It was the middle of the International Flower and Garden Festival so the park was all in bloom.  Mason and Hannah Kate were especially fascinated by the many (and I mean MANY) Disney characters fashioned out of flowers and foliage.
The first thing we did was visit The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Like Toy Story, Nemo is another of my favorites because it reminds me of the days when it was just Mason and me.  At the end of the "ride," we spent a lot of time in viewing the saltwater aquariam tank and exhibits.  My kids are suckers for aquariams, and Mason was loving the sharks.
The fountains at Epcot are fascinating, especially this upside down waterfall.
Mason and Hannah Kate also really enjoyed Imagination.  It was just a really cool hands-on, exploring, learning kind of place.
And oh to Hannah Kate's delight, there was a butterfly garden with flower fairies and Tinkerbell.  She wanted her picture made with every. single. fairy.  Don't worry.  Here she is with Tink and then below with . . . well, I can't remember which one, but Hannah Kate could tell you.  Besides, if you've seen one, you've seen them all.  Okay, not really.  But you get the idea. 
My children are suckers for a playground, and there was a really cool playground at Epcot.  So we spent awhile there.
Then it was time to cool off with some frozen treats.  Even Ellie got in on the fun thanks to her Daddy.
Did I mention flowers and characters?  And that we had to stop at each one for a picture?  I'll only post their favorites.
We then entered the World Showcase area.  We visited Canada (which totally made me want to take a trip there!).  And then we met Alice in Wonderland in the United Kingdom.  The gardens here were beautiful.  There were teapots made from flowers everywhere!
And then it started raining.  But that didn't dampen our spirits!  We donned our ponchos and continued our trek.
We went to France.  When it started raining, Belle quickly escaped inside so we didn't get to visit with her today.  But, of course, there was Belle in foliage.  And, of course, Hannah Kate wanted a picture.
And Sleeping Beauty . . . Hannah Kate prefers to call her Briar Rose but most know her as Aurora.
You do have to admit . . . Lady and the Tramp are exquisite! 
 We continued to make our way through the World Showcase.  I really thought this part of Epcot would go rather quickly and would be boring to Mason and Hannah Kate, but it wasn't at all!  As a matter of fact, we spent so much time "visiting each country" that we eventually ran out of time to go back and do two of the rides we missed earlier. 
Did I mentioned there were lots of characters in flowers and greenery?
Hannah Kate had a fit when she saw Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  In a good way, of course!
And then we came to China.  I honestly can't remember how it got started, but Mason and Hannah Kate are just captivated by China.  They keep telling me they want to go visit the real country one day.  Mason is constantly reading clothing tags and other labels, and he lets me know everytime something is "made in China."  So here they are in China.


And while in Morocco we met the lovely Jasmine and Aladdin.  Yall.  If ever I pictured a real, live Jasmine, she was it!  I couldn't get over just how much she really looks like Jasmine!  They were lots of fun to converse with.
We traveled through Japan, Italy, Germany and Norway and then stopped for supper in Mexico.  We then stayed for the IllumiNations fireworks and light show.  On our way out, we stopped for one last picture.