For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
I'm not sure how it's possible that my Hannah Kate is five years old already.  When I think back on the last five years, it seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital.  But, yet, so much has happened during these five years, too.  She was born in Mississippi.  We lived there for such a short time, only two years, but that's such a distant memory now that it's hard to believe we ever lived there at all.  And then we moved back here, and we built our house.  Mason started kindergarten.  Ellie was born.  There's been a lot packed in these five years.  And now it's almost time.  But I'm not ready for this.

Before Christmas, the application process for the Academy began, and I completed and submitted Hannah Kate's application for kindergarten.  Unlike our first experience with this process, we did not have to participate in the lottery to gain entrance into the program because siblings of current students are automatically accepted.  So, of course, we received our acceptance letter a couple of weeks ago. 
It's official, I guess.  But I still have a few more months so I'm choosing for the time being to just not think about it.

Who is going to help me with all of my errands and be my little lunch date on those busy days?
Who is going to bound down the stairs and announce, "Hey mom.  I've decided to be an elephant today!" all the while she's wearing her stethoscope like an elephant's trunk?
Who's going to be the sweetest, bestest big sister ever and help me take care of Ellie and play with her so I can fold clothes and clean the bathrooms?
And, I promise, Ellie was actually really happy like this, but, of course, in the five seconds it took me to grab my camera, she wanted no more of it!
I have spent every day of the last five years with my girl.  I am so going to miss her!  I mean . . . look at this . . . who wouldn't?!