For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
July 29, 2000.  Quite possibly the best day of my life.  My wedding day.  I can not believe it's been twelve years . . . 


ONE: My dearest Seth, you are the one for me, my one and only.  I'm so glad you asked, and I said yes.


TWO: Our journey together is quite possibly a tale of two states.  I never would've thought I would travel from the red clay hills and peach trees of Georgia to the bayous of Louisiana to meet my husband.  And then, during the past twelve years, our journey together spanned two states, Louisiana and Mississippi.  We also bought our first house during our second year of marriage.


THREE: The greatest blessings of our marriage are our three children.  I love watching you as a daddy to Mason, Hannah Kate and Ellie.  They love you so.


FOUR: During our fourth year of marriage, we opened a new chapter together as parents.  We welcomed our bright-eyed, blond-haired full of life and energy Mason into our world.  I remember those early days when he was an infant.  You would come home from work each night, and after supper, you would lay on the couch with Mason on your tummy.  And you and he would stay that way for hours.  Mason's favorite time of day is still the hour that you come home.


FIVE: Our fifth year of marriage was filled with parenting Mason.  We were a family of three.


SIX: Our sixth year of marriage was quite an adventure.  Yet another new chapter began, this time in Mississippi.  We sold our house, packed our bags and moved north of Jackson.  My favorite thing about living there was our church and the friends we made.  It was during that year that I finally realized it didn't matter WHERE I lived.  I only wanted to be with you, needed to be with you.


SEVEN: After seven years of marriage, we welcomed our surprise baby, Hannah Kate.  She turned our world upside down during those first few months, but she has brought so much joy and laughter to our family.  She is a daddy's girl.  One of my favorite memories of the two of you was just this year at her dance recital when you took the stage to dance with her.


EIGHT: And then, during our eighth year of marriage, we moved again, this time back to Louisiana, to Grosse Tete.


NINE: During our ninth year of marriage, we began yet another adventure together.  We built a house.  So many people tried to discourage us from doing that, told us that it would really test our marriage.  Yes, it was a lot of work and even stressful at times, but it really was a great experience for us.  I can't remember even one disagreement.  Everything just came together, and we were finally able to move in. 


TEN: After ten years of marriage, we were just living life, living family.  We continued to settle into our new house.  Mason and Hannah Kate were growing up.  Mason even started kindergarten this year.


ELEVEN: I never would've imagined that after eleven years of marriage, we would welcome yet another blessing, a child, a daughter at that!  Our sweet Ellie will be two weeks old tomorrow.  She has been a dream come true for our family.


TWELVE: And today, we celebrate twelve years of marriage.  And while I have no idea what this year holds, I do know that I look forward to it, that I'm so glad I get to spend it with you, that there is no one else I'd rather live my life with!


Happy 12 years, my love!