For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Happy Birthday to my most favorite boy in the whole wide world! Mason, you are SIX years old today! Ever since I woke up this morning, I've been thinking about the day you were born. It took 14 hours to get you here, and then my whole life changed.

If I could go back to any time in my life, I would most definitely choose your first year with us. The very idea that we had a son, a baby born from my womb . . . was really beyond my comprehension. I must've been in a daze that first year. The older you get, the farther away we get from the first year of your life, I feel like I remember less and less. Everyday we wake up is another wonderful day with you, and I'm so thankful for the privilege of being your Mommy. While I cherish everyday, sometimes I just want to go back to the days when you fit snugly in my arms, slept in your crib and needed your diaper changed! You are growing up too fast, and it isn't always easy to "let go." I'm very proud of the big boy you have become, and I absolutely can not wait to see what the Lord has planned for your life.

Your favorite subjects in school are science and math. As of right now, you want to be a dentist when you grow up. You've told us that several times during the past year. Your favorite color is blue. You love to play video games, especially the Wii and the DSi you got for your birthday. You are still such a picky eater, but some of your favorite foods are chicken nuggets, oatmeal, quesadillas, hamburgers and turkey and cheese wraps. You just recently started eating pizza, but only cheese pizza without sauce. You still love superheroes. Your favorite place must be at the beach because you ask all the time to go there. You are a home-body, too, and don't care much for shopping and errands and such. You haven't lost any teeth yet, and you are getting quite impatient and keep asking me when you're going to lose a tooth. You love rhyming words and often make up words so they will rhyme.

You are such a good big brother. You call your sister Hannah . . . her name is Hannah KATE. But that's okay. She loves you, and she looks up to you a lot. I'm so proud of the way you take care of her and the way you play so sweetly together. Most of the time. Always remember that she is your best friend!

I love you!
Mama