For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
It was Easter. Three weeks ago. So I guess that means I'm about three weeks behind. But anyway. Here we are (or were).
We don't "do" the Easter bunny, but Seth and I always give Mason and Hannah Kate a basket of goodies.My favorite hymn (right now) is Stuart Townend's How Deep the Father's Love for Us. I found myself singing the words . . . over and over . . . during the days leading up to resurrection Sunday. In the midst of the Easter dress, new church shoes and baskets, I sometimes lose sight of the wounds and bruises and chastisement borne by my Savior for me (and you, too!) so we might live forever with HIM. So really, every Sunday, EVERY DAY is resurrection Sunday for those who are in Christ. Here are the words to Townend's hymn. Soak them in, and let them sit awhile.

How deep the Father's love for us,
how vast beyond all measure;
That He should give His only Son
to make a wretch (that would be me) His treasure (that's me!).
How great the pain of searing loss;
the Father turns His face away
as wounds which mar the Chosen One
bring many sons to glory.

Behold the Man upon a cross,
my sin upon His shoulders;
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there (tears . . .)
until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life;
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything:
no gifts, no power, no wisdom;
But I will boast in Jesus Christ;
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I can not give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart:
His wounds have paid my ransom.

Wow.

So after church and after lunch, we came back home. It was a beautiful day . . . and Seth and I planted two pecan trees in our backyard. These were actually Christmas presents to us from Barry and Ashley. Um, yea, one of the best Christmas presents ever! Mason and Hannah Kate were outside, too. Playing in the dirt. Because that's all we have around here lately. I honestly wasn't paying too much attention to them until this little face came to the door . . . and I had to take a picture. Of course, she wouldn't get off of her Dora phone, but that's okay.This little princess knows how to get down and dirty! And she loves every minute of it.

I have to share one more Easter memory. This one is for Mimi.

Someone (Mimi) included a set of press-on nails in Hannah Kate's Easter goodie. Can I just tell you how much I LOVED press-on nails when I was little?!? And how I always begged Mama to buy them for me. But never did I have PRINCESS press-on nails. Are these not some of the . . . gaudiest . . . things you've ever seen?!? But you know my girl loves them! So thank you, Mimi.