For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
We had a swashbucklin' time at Mason's pirate party. Here are some memories of the fun.
I appliqued this cute lil pirate shirt for Mason (I haven't told you about my newest venture, SEW CUTE, yet . . .).
Of course, Hannah Kate had to have a matching outfit . . . so I made her a pillowcase dress out of the same fabric I used for the bandana on Mason's pirate. I monogrammed Hannah Kate's initials at the bottom of the dress. I desperately tried to get a picture of them in their "matching" outfits, but that didn't work out too good.
You can see the monogram on Hannah Kate's dress in this picture. Well, sort of.Thank you, Cindy, for all of the balloons! Mason absolutely loved them! His favorite is the pirate in the front of this picture. The balloons were so massive . . . Cindy mailed them to me, and I had them blown up. The things were huge! And this isn't all of them either!
Cole, Mason, Hannah Kate and Abbie had a great time in the pool.
I'm still rather impressed with myself for making this cake! Mason told me today he wants me to make another one like it. He's going to be sorely disappointed!
They had fun whacking away at the pirate ship pinata. Notice Mason is wearing his pirate patch . . . a little crooked though.As you will see below, Mason got a lot of gifts . . . and he's enjoying all of them. He also got a rather big surprise at the end . . . you'll be able to tell what that was.Special delivery . . . thank you Uncle Rob and Aunt Kristi!Mason is really into transformers. No . . . he hasn't seen the movie. MawMaw saved two of Seth's transformers from when he was a little boy, and they have a special spot in the curio cabinet. Mason absolutely loves them so thus began his fascination with transformers. So Pop and Mimi got Mason a couple of rather big ones for his birthday. I wish you could see the expression on his face a little better in the picture above. Mason was so impressed with his new transformer.This is the other transformer that Mason got from Pop and Mimi.And the pictures below would be the surprise I mentioned earlier . . .At this point, all Hannah Kate was interested in was eating the chocolate cake and M&Ms. But she did hop on the 4-wheeler for a picture with Abbie. Notice the chocolate smeared all over her face . . . and the goggles that she insists on wearing as her necklace. Girls . . .This picture really doesn't have anything to do with Mason's birthday party (besides the fact that the scooter was a gift from Uncle Troy, Aunt April, Avery and Beau) . . . but I just had to put it on here because I think it's precious. Troy, April and the boys arrived in town later that evening. It was the first time we'd seen them since July 4, 2008. Hannah Kate was only 7 months old at the time so, of course, she didn't remember them. I wasn't sure how she was going to react because she can be shy at times and unsure of "strangers." It took only a minute for her to warm up to Avery . . . I think he was her favorite. I happened to walk into the game room to see Avery taking Hannah Kate for a ride on Mason's scooter. And, yes, I'm very aware that she's wearing salmon colored crocs with her red gingham dress . . . but she refused to take them off! They were a present to her from Pop and Mimi (still haven't figured out how Hannah Kate gets a present for Mason's birthday . . .).