For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Okay, I have to admit I've been looking forward to Christmas portraits ALL YEAR! In July I purchased matching Christmas outfits for Mason and Hannah Kate. And I've had this image in my mind of what our Christmas pictures were going to look like this year. So I was super excited when Amy (remember my fabulous photog friend who took the precious pics back during the summer?) said she was going to have a special Christmas mini-session photo shoot. Sign me up!

Last Friday we loaded up and headed off to have the Christmas pictures made. I was oozing with excitement. We met Amy at her in-laws' house where she had several Christmas scenes set up outside. My excitement continued to build as I combed hair and straightened outfits one last time. Here we go!

It didn't take long for me to notice that Hannah Kate was awfully "serious." There was absolutely nothing I could do to make her smile. And, believe me, I tried everything and made myself quite a dork in the process. And Mason . . . well, he just wasn't interested. He was zoned out somewhere else. Oh yeah, and I also forgot to mention that earlier in the day I accidentally scratched Mason's cheek with my ring! No amount of Neosporin was making that big red mark go away! So after 15 minutes of this, I was absolutely exhausted. Oh the things we do for coveted pictures of our babies! But we weren't finished yet.

I changed Hannah Kate into her 1st birthday outfit so we could go ahead and get those pics as well. Keep in mind that Hannah Kate is still quite "serious" at this point. And then all of a sudden the bottom drops out of the sky, and it starts pouring down rain. So we scramble to get everything and everyone inside. Amy wanted to get a few more shots of Hannah Kate. Well, the dog was inside and got awfully excited when we decided to go inside, too, so we ended up having to dodge the tee-tee all over the floor. At that point, we were just laughing. It really was funny! And Amy was such a sweetheart the whole time. Let's just say that we're going to take Hannah Kate's 1-year portraits again in a couple of weeks!

Having said all of that, I decided to share with you a few of my favorites. I hope they'll make you laugh as much as they've made me laugh. And, in retrospect, Hannah Kate isn't really serious. She's just downright MAD!

I'll bet you're wondering what our Christmas photo greeting card is going to look like this year!