For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
I can't wait for you to see these pictures . . . !

When we had VBS at our church, there was a Teacher Appreciation Room that we could visit while our kids were going through the different rotations. It was a great time to fellowship with the other teachers and VBS workers and grab a bite to eat. There were also door prizes and give-aways each day. On Tuesday, there was a vase full of M&Ms. Yep, you guessed it . . . we each had to make a guess as to how many M&Ms were in the vase, and the person closest to the correct number without going over was to win a prize. But we didn't know what the prize was. Well, first of all, I NEVER win anything. Like, never! And second of all, I'm always way off on those types of guessing games. Besides, there were probably 75 people who were guessing how many M&Ms were in the vase so my chances were looking slimmer by the second. But I made a guess anyway . . . 753 to be exact. And, guess what . . . I WON! So what did I win . . . well, it definitely wasn't a cheesy mug . . . it was a FREE PHOTO SHOOT with a photographer who goes to our church!!! I mean, I just felt like heaven opened up and rained down the greatest blessings on me when I found out what I'd won!!! You know what I'm talking about if you have a 3 year old or 8 month old . . . or if you've already seen how stinkin' cute my babies are!!!

So last Monday we went and spent 30 minutes with the photographer (who also just so happens to be one of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet and works with me in the children's ministry!), and she captured so many wonderful moments with Mason and Hannah Kate that it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to decide which ones are the best. Prior to the shoot, Amy talked with me to find out what I was expecting and what I wanted. I told her it was pretty simple - 1 good picture of Mason, 1 good picture of Hannah Kate and 1 good picture of them together. So that makes, like, 3 pictures. Well, she gave me 150! I mean, I have 150 shots to choose from . . . and they're all so wonderful. I managed to narrow the list down to nearly 50 that are my favorites. Only 50 . . .

And I want to thank my sweet friend, Amy Bates (Amy Bates Photography), for freely giving us her time and energy as she took these portraits (did I mention this was FREE?!?). She is a joy, and her work is absolutely gorgeous. She is also the mommy of two precious boys, Ellis and Owen. She truly captured the essence of Mason and Hannah Kate. If you would like for Amy to capture your sweeties on camera, you can contact her at amybates1@mac.com. And if you don't live in Mississippi, boo hoo for you!

Mimi and MawMaw . . . I dare you to pick one . . . just one . . . !!! Okay, don't worry . . . you'll get more than one!