For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
A couple of weeks ago, Mason and I took a trip to Georgia to spend some time with my family. We hadn't been since March and aren't sure when we'll be able to go again once Hannah Kate arrives. We didn't do as much as we usually do, mainly because I was so tired. But Mason spent some good play time with Pop and Mimi. He also got to play with his cousins, Carter, Maggie Grace and Jada. We went to their house one afternoon, and he jumped on their trampoline. At first, he couldn't quite figure it out. Actually, I'm not sure that he ever really did. He would jump about three times and then make himself fall on purpose. He would then look at me and say, "I fall, Mama, I fall!" Of course, he loves to fall. He likes to make himself fall on purpose around the house. It makes me nervous, but he gets a kick out of it.
While we were there, my sister-in-law Kristi hosted a baby shower for Hannah Kate. Okay, so now you know why only two or three pictures exist of me during this pregnancy. I'm not sure if I look like a pink cow or an Easter egg!Kristi did such a beautiful job with the decorations. Everything was so pretty and pink. My favorite flowers are tulips . . . as a matter of fact, the theme in Hannah Kate's room (if you even call it a theme) is tulip garden. So Kristi had a vase of gorgeous tulips on the table with the shower invitation. They are unlike any I've ever seen in person. The edges of the flowers were "ruffled."

All of the food was really yummy! Chicken salad sandwiches, pasta salad, mini ham melts, Mexican 7-layer dip/chips, spinach dip, cheese ball . . .

And the cake was really yummy, too! It was precious. It was designed to match the plates and napkins.
Hannah Kate received so many beautiful gifts, including a personalized Christmas ornament from her Uncle Rob and Aunt Kristi, along with this big basket of goodies.

It was nice to receive some "practical" gifts. After all, Hannah Kate needs pink bibs, not blue! And she also received several toys so she'll have some of her very own in addition to Mason's hand-me-downs.

Barbara and Caroline even made the trip all the way to Zebulon for the shower. One of their gifts to Hannah Kate was several monogrammed burp cloths, which Barbara made herself!
MeMama crocheted a beautiful pink and white blanket for Hannah Kate.

Pop and Mimi gave Hannah Kate a PINK rubber duckie. I'd never seen a pink one before. They also gave her a monogrammed Christmas stocking and double stroller.
Hannah Kate received her first little pair of blue jeans, complete with a little ruffle at the bottom. How cute!

Of course, Mason got in on the action, too. They call it "big brother gifts," but I call it spoiled! He got several presents from his Pop, Mimi, MeMama and cousins.

Having said all of that, we are exactly 4 weeks away from the scheduled c-section. It seems so close, yet so far away. I mean, Thanksgiving has to happen, first! We are almost finished with the nursery. Hopefully, this weekend we will be able to arrange the furniture, assemble the changing table and put the bedding on. I still haven't made the window treatments yet, but I plan to get to that next week. This week I'm refinishing the day bed that will stay in her room. I also have to wash all of her cute little clothes. Other than that, I think we are ready for Miss Hannah Kate's arrival . . . I know I sure am!