For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
We went last Monday, July 16, for another ultrasound. Unfortunately, the lil punkin just wasn't interested in having pictures taken. The baby was all curled up in a ball with the hands tucked under the chin and feet pulled into the stomach. The baby was also facing my back. The sonographer (Pam) tried and tried to get the baby to turn over or change positions, but I guess the baby was sleeping and didn't want to be bothered. The heart, kidneys, and brain all looked good. She also said the baby weighed about 11 oz and was 6 inches long. The heart rate was 155. Since the baby wouldn't move, and Pam was having trouble seeing things, I thought perhaps she wouldn't be able to tell if the baby is a boy or a girl, but she said she could definitely tell. I asked her not to tell us but to print a picture, label it, and put it in a sealed envelop for us.

We went back to the waiting room while she did this, and Seth said, "It's a girl." I asked him how he knew, and he said Pam slipped up and referred to the baby as "she" after she found out what the baby is. I missed that so I wasn't sure if he was making it up or not. When Pam brought the envelop to us, she unfortunately gave it to Seth, and he immediately opened it. He didn't tell me anything though.

Since the baby was all curled up and wouldn't move, we didn't get any good ultrasound pictures. And since we were not able to see the baby's face, my doctor wants me to have another ultrasound in August. He wants to see the eyes, nose, and mouth. So hopefully we'll get some good pictures then.

Oh, and by the way, Seth can't keep secrets. We're having a GIRL!