For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Our real estate agent called us this past Saturday morning and said she had received a contract on our house. We met with her at her office, reviewed the offer, and decided to accept the purchase agreement. We were scheduled to close on Feb. 12. She said she would put the "SOLD" sign in our yard when she received the deposit. I think our heads were hanging a bit when we left her office.

As we rounded the curve Sunday morning after church, I saw the SOLD sign. It seemed to be flashing like a neon sign. I assumed our agent had received the deposit. I drew in a deep breath and began to accept the fact that we had not yet found a new house, meaning we would have to put our stuff in storage for awhile. This was something I really did not want to do.

This afternoon our agent called and said she had some bad news. I knew what she was going to say even before she said it . . . and I can honestly say it wasn't bad news to me! The couple who wanted to buy our house was unable to get approved for the loan, and the bank also would not give them the money for the deposit. I immediately went outside in the rain and removed the SOLD sign. Our house is back on the market. I am excited that we have another opportunity to find a new house and hopefully not have to put our stuff in storage.

Last week I spent a couple of days in Brandon and Madison. We still just haven't found what we are looking for. And we may not. Mason stayed with his MawMaw while I was gone. Although it was only two days, I missed him so much! It seemed like he had really grown up since I left. He loves coloring (thank goodness Crayons are non-toxic!) and playing with stickers these days. Story time at the library started again this week. I've said for some time now that I can't wait until I can hear him say, "I love you, Mommy." But I realized he says it a million times over everyday. Tonight I picked him up so I could take him to the bathroom to get ready for his bath. He just laid his head on my shoulder, put his arm around my neck, and patted me on the back. Now that's some sweet lovin'.