For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

We got our Christmas tree this past weekend. I wasn't sure how my rambunctious little one was going to react to the sight of white lights and colorful balls everywhere just waiting to be plucked off by little fingers. I know some Christmas trees are decorated only on the top half. And others grace the tops of tables instead of the floor.

I prepared Mason for the arrival of our tree last week by putting his tree in his room. It is decorated with fishing ornaments and blue and silver balls to match his room. It was there for several days before he even touched it. And then it was only because his friend Anna came over and enjoyed talking the balls off that he realized he could do it, too. My plan was that he would play with the tree in his room and not the big tree in the living room. So far this plan has worked. He loves looking at the lights, but he hasn't been interested in plucking anything off. Of course, the presents aren't under there yet either.