For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11


Mason loves music! He "sings along" with the radio in the car. He's captivated by the music on the Baby Einstein DVDs. When he's upset, I'll sing Skin-a-ma-rin-ki-din-ki-dink to him, and he calms down. And now he has discovered my piano! In his explorations of pulling up on EVERYTHING in sight, he started pulling up on my piano bench. Anytime he pulls up on something, he reaches his hands as high above his head as they will go, and his fingers search for anything they can grasp on to. I usually leave my piano bench out, but I had slid it all the way underneath the piano when I was mopping the other day. So he was able to be close enough to the piano for his fingers to reach up and find the keys. He loves to stand there and listen to himself make music. Today I sat him on the piano bench to see what he would do, and he started playing away. He doesn't bang - he just tinkles with the keys. Looks like I'm going to have to get that baby grand I've always wanted!

Disclaimer: Please note that Mason's mommy did not coerce, force, or even encourage Mason to play the piano. He is doing it of his own free will. She is, however, very excited about Mason's obvious love for music and the piano!