For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

How are we even here?  This summer found us touring a couple of college campuses.  Our first visit was to Louisiana Tech.

I drove to Ruston with Mason and Hannah Kate after work one afternoon, and Seth drove over from kids' camp and met us the next morning.  I had never been to LA Tech nor Ruston, but we'd heard such good things about the campus and the community.  It didn't disappoint!
We had the best day!  LA Tech definitely knows how to do a campus tour and visit.  The campus is so pretty, and the engineering buildings are quite impressive.  We learned a lot about the campus, the major and what Mason could expect as a Freshman.  There are so many things about this university and this town that Seth and I think would be so good for Mason.  We would be absolutely thrilled should he choose to go here, even though it's a three hour drive away.
After our morning at Tech, we went downtown for lunch.  Ruston has the most adorable downtown area!  I'm already looking for a reason to go back up there so I can go shopping.
Our next college campus visit a couple of weeks later was at Southeastern Louisiana University, Seth's alma mater.  Besides the fact we sweated our faces off, we had a great visit.


I offered to schedule a visit at the other university (the purple and gold one) just up the road, but Mason wasn't interested.  That's fine by me!  But if he wanted to, I totally would.

The next step is to complete college applications.  Now we're just waiting to see if he'll be a Bulldog or a Lion.