For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

 We were up early for our last day in the Tetons.  We began the morning at Mormon Row.

We stopped a couple of times along the way to String Lake.

And String Lake was just . . . stunning.

Even in July, the water is chilly. The kids stepped in for a bit.

By this point in our trip, we were all pretty tired.  The days were long and busy with lots of hiking and exploring.  I had the best time watching the kids experience a new place unlike anything they'd ever seen before.  It's definitely one of my most favorite places.  And all I really wanted to do was find a spot to sit alone with this guy and just rest.  He's my favorite.
We then hiked over to Leigh Lake.
 
We hiked back to String Lake and began the drive to Casper where we would spend the last night before driving to Denver the next day for our flight home.  And, of course, we stopped one last time (but I don't think it'll be our last).

And remember when I mentioned that little 8-year old in the candy store yesterday?  Well, girlfriend is living her BEST LIFE on the drive to Casper!  She finished off the entire bag of candy.  And it will be a VERY LONG TIME (if ever) that said 8-year old is allowed to binge eat candy again!

We didn't know if we'd be able to make this trip or not.  And we made the trip during a time when there was still so much uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 (there still is, honestly), and travel was discouraged.  Up until the day before we left, we were still not sure.  Sitting at the Denver airport the next day, I looked at my people, and my heart was full.  So full.  I knew right then that we'd made the right decision.  And I'm so glad we did!  This time together was such a gift, and I am grateful.