For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
This bright ray of sunshine and bundle of constant energy is EIGHT years old today!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Everybody needs an Ellie.  She is a source of constant joy.  She is fierce.  She is funny.  She keeps me on my toes.  
Ellie says her favorite color is teal.  But I really think deep down it's pink.  Her favorite thing to eat is junk.  Junk.  And popsicles.  And tacos.  She loves to make a mess.  She leaves a trail everywhere she goes.  She does not like to clean up her own mess, but she's the biggest helper in the family and loves to take out the garbage, help fold laundry and wash dishes.  The carpet in her bedroom is all shades of pink, blue, yellow and red thanks to her "projects."  She loves to read.  Her favorite books are The Boxcar Children series, but she's currently enjoying the Never Girls series.  She loves to write and draw.  She is constantly busy and needs to be busy.  She doesn't know what to do with herself otherwise.  She loves to watch gymnastic videos.  She loves to flip and jump and bounce, especially off the furniture, the diving board . . . you name it!  She laughs and giggles hard.  She loves to play jokes on people.  She loves to take fancy baths.   
She didn't ask for much for her birthday, just books, bath bombs and a few other miscellaneous things. 

Ellie has a lot of friends, and she loves being with her friends.  She is one of the best friends you will have.
And, just for grins, here's one of her latest shenanigans.  I'm not sure if this dance originated from Hannah Kate or a YouTube video or a combination of both, but Ellie can't stop.  A couple of weeks ago she kept dancing in front of the window after it was dark outside because she could see herself.  It was the funniest thing.  I was finally able to capture her without her knowing it so she had no idea I was recording this.
I don't know why, but I always think about Ellie and Queen Esther.  I don't know what the Lord's "such a time as this" is for Ellie, but I know it's big one.  If I could keep her little, I would.  But I know I'd be missing out on so much!