For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
The biggest, best surprise of my life celebrated her 12th birthday last week.  It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating Christmas with a newborn.  And now this will be her last before she's a teenager.
She asked for a new room for her birthday (and Christmas) this year.  For someone who truly locates painting (that would be me), this room has now been painted four times during the past nine years.  The bedding she chose warranted white walls so hopefully those will last the next twenty years.  I painted it the week of Thanksgiving, and it's coming together bit by bit.  I meant to take a "before" picture, but I forgot until we had everything cleared out of her room except her bed.  And, of course, she at the "don't take my picture" age.
I stumbled upon what I thought was the perfect print for her room so this canvas was a big surprise to her.  She knew what everything was so I was very excited to have something to surprise her with.
And that's a lot of what this girl does lately.  Dance, dance, dance.  I got to watch her dance at Parent Observation Week a couple of weeks ago.  She's taking three ballet classes, jazz and lyrical.  Ballet is her favorite and mine, too.

And then we had another birthday to celebrate two days later so last Friday night we went out to each at what used to be mine and Seth's "place" but has somehow become their place, too.
Yes, that is cotton candy in her hand.  She couldn't wait to finish her meal so the cotton candy would come.  That meant I got to eat her cake!
See what I mean?  This one is definitely just here for the cotton candy.
It was such a sweet night celebrating Hannah Kate and Seth.