For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
I am exhausted.  It is 11:25PM, and I am trying to finish Mason's science fair project display board.  I got only four hours of sleep last night (nothing to do with Ellie . . . again, trying to finish the science fair project!) and had a very busy day today.  But I am thankful for another WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY.

GIVING THANKS | Day 7:  I am thankful for my Bible study group.  I am thankful for my group leader who calls me every Tuesday afternoon to ask how I'm doing, to ask a prayer need she can specifically pray for during the next week.  I am thankful for God's Word, the Holy Bible.  Oh, how I am thankful for His living Word!  It is the balm that soothes my soul on this weary day.  It is the joy that fills my heart during the deepest of valley times.  It is the peace that covers my mind and my heart in the midst of uncertainty and fear and worry.  It brings healing to this sin sick soul.  It is waves of refreshment for the parched and thirsty.  It is the promise of a covenant God whose love never fails, whose mercies are made new each and every day, who has a plan for my life that is good, who is with me always all the time, who is faithful to keep all of His promises, who is the Great Physician, King of kings, Lord of lords, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, the Great I AM.

I am so very thankful for the written Word and the living Word.  

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made . . . And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.  ~John 1:1-3, 14 

What about you?  Have you spent time IN the Word today?  Have you spent time WITH the Word today?