For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
October is my favorite month . . . at least for now. I'll probably say the same thing about November. Anyway, it started out as usual for Louisiana. Balmy. Hot. Steamy. Humid. Somehow those words really have nothing to do with October. And fall. But we have had a few cooler days and pulled out the "blue jeams" (as Mason calls it) and long sleeves.

Mason is still playing soccer. Well, let's just say he's still on the soccer team. He isn't much for playing. He looks more like a cat chasing a butterfly out there. He has decided he doesn't like soccer because of the "other team." He told me last Saturday that he wants to play football instead. I reminded him that in football, the other team not only comes after him but knocks him down, too. He said, "But I'll be wearing a helmet, Mom." Well, maybe we should get him a helmet for soccer. Perhaps then he would go after the soccer ball instead of the butterflies. Anyway, he has three games left. I hate to say it, but I think all of us will be glad when soccer is over.

Hannah Kate is nearly two! I realized the other day that I need to begin making plans for her birthday party. I mean, I don't even know the theme yet! But I have picked out our Christmas cards. Anyway. Hannah Kate . . . is something else these days. And I think we should just leave it at that. She is smart as a whip. She knows her ABCs and can count to 11. Her vocabulary and command of the Engligh language really amazes me. She has better sentence structure at times than Mason does.

Poor babies . . . they've been drug all over the parish and elsewhere while I've been busy gathering all of our building permits, getting electricity established at our lot, picking out brick, meeting with our builder and the other millions of things that have to happen before one can actually break ground on building a house. But we are there! Finally! We should break ground any day now. We're just waiting on our builder to get started.

In addition to the soccer field, we've spent Saturdays cheering on the Tigers and Bulldogs. Win or lose . . . it doesn't matter. It's still a bunch of fun.Playing outside . . . riding bikes, blowing bubbles, swinging, sliding.Church . . . new sanctuary dedication, Beth Moore Bible study, playing the piano.Sewing . . . I've made several new pillowcase dresses during the past couple of weeks, as well as some really cute appliques. You'll see more of that later. We're just plain ole BUSY!