For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
A couple of weekends ago, Seth and Mason were playing outside. Seth came in and told me, "You gotta come see this." I never know what I'm going to get when he says that so I headed outside.

When we were looking for a house in Mississippi last year, one of the things I wanted was trees. Yes, trees. We didn't have any trees in our yard when we lived in Louisiana, and I wanted trees. Well, we got them! We have several trees in our front yard, and our property is lined with trees and tree-like growth in the back yard. And they aren't pine trees either. So you know what that means --- leaves! And more leaves! Raking leaves was part of our Saturday ritual (right before football games) every weekend in the fall. Yes, every weekend!

It had been a few weeks since Seth had been outside to rake leaves so they were piled up everywhere. He ditched the rake and opted to blow them into a pile with the blower. That's when Mason's fun began.

Seth has said we will not have trees in our yard when we move again. I beg to differ! I mean, it's just way too much fun (besides the raking)!